Humans have utilized fermentation since the Neolithic age, making alcohol production and consumption some of the oldest human practices still alive today. Nowadays, we have it much easier, and if there was ever a prime time to be a human who practices the science of zymology, that time is now.
With the Hillbilly Stills 50 gallon stainless steel fermenter, you get 50 gallons worth of portable, reliable fermenting power that would make your Neolithic ancestors green with envy. Made with 1.4mm 304 stainless steel, this distilling fermenter is a durable and affordable option for both professional and home distillers.
Aside from its reliable construction, this fermenter for distilling your favorite spirits also comes equipped with sturdy legs and wheels, making it easy for one person to move if necessary. Best of all, our fermenter won’t roll away when you aren’t looking thanks to the included wheel locks.
Like all of our distilling equipment, each one of our 50 gallon stainless steel fermenters is hand-built by us, right here in the U.S.A. When quality and affordability are what you’re looking for, you can’t go wrong with any of the gear manufactured by Hillbilly Stills.
About the Author: At Hillbilly Stills, we live to distill, we distill to drink, and we drink to live. Summon your inner bootlegger today by visiting www.hillbillystills.com and find everything you need for DIY distilling for a great price, all in one place.
Drunken Gummy Bears
If you don’t mind picking out the red, white (clear), and blue gummy bears from an assortment of
colors…Or, if you can procure the proper colors to begin with, this is a great liquor based snack that can go a long way at a 4th of July shindig. Best of all, drunken gummy bears are easy to make, they just require a little advanced planning.
- Procure gummy bears in appropriate colors.
- Place gummy bears in a container that can be sealed.
- Cover the gummy bears in your favorite clear liquor. We’re going with moonshine, of course.
- Seal the container and wait 24-48 hours.
- The gummy bears will swell with the alcohol they have absorbed. Eat them. Be merry.
Any Sam Adams Beer Product
|“I totally approve.”
Sam Adams (the man) was an original founding father. A true champion of freedom. Sam Adams (the beer company) is the only national beer company left that is still 100% American owned and operated. Need we say more? Other brands may plaster the flag all over their beer cans, but true patriotism isn’t when you claim to make “American beer” while you manufacture your beer in…not America. Anyhow, you get the point. You want to show your patriotism? Buy American as often as you can. At the least, drink American on the 4th. Taste the frothy freedom as it goes down your American throat. Make Sam Adams (the man) proud of you by drinking Sam Adams (the beer).
- Go to beer store.
- Buy Sam Adams beer.
- Drink it.
Moonshine Infused John Daly
While golf is not originally an American sport, it’s still more American than soccer. John Daly is an American pro golfer, and that’s good enough for us. Also, he apparently likes alcohol, so we have that in common, as well. Forego the Arnold Palmer in favor of a John Daly. The recipe is easy:
- Half lemonade.
- Half tea.
- An appreciable amount of clear liquor. Again, we’re going with moonshine because drinking vodka on the 4th of July is as American as watching Rocky IV and cheering for Ivan Drago.
Star Spangled Sangria
Oh I love that sangria wine, when I’m drinkin’ with old friends of mine. Sangria is originally a concoction of Portuguese and Spanish origin, but hey, we’re America…we took it fair and square and made it our own. In the South, it’s big. Sangria typically consists of wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener (could be honey, sugar, syrup, or orange juice), and a small amount of brandy. Enough talk, here’s how OURS is made:
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple cut into star shapes (start shaped cutters can be found in stores) into a large pitcher.
- Add two bottles of white wine, 1 cup of triple sec, ½ cup of berry flavored or regular clear liquor (we WILL NOT say the word “vodka” for reasons aforementioned), ½ cup of fresh lemon juice, ½ cup of simple syrup.
- Stir, chill, & drink.
If you run out, repeat steps 1-3 above.
Patriotic Pop Rocks Shooters
Aside from the colors being red, white, and blue, this one has an added point of patriotism: the pop rocks. Remember the“rockets’ red glare” and “bombs bursting in air”? Those lines in the National Anthem are the reasons we have fireworks on the 4th. Plus, Americans just like to blow stuff up because it’s cool, but we digress. The point here is that the pop rocks mimic those explosions in your mouth in pretty much the only safe way possible.
- Light corn syrup
- Red or blue Pop Rocks candy
- Half and half
- Maui Blue Hawaiian Schnapps
Here’s what you do:
- Rim a glass with corn syrup, then dip the glass rim in the Pop Rocks.
- Fill glass 1/3 full with grenadine.
- In a separate container, mix one part half & half with two parts Maui® Blue Hawaiian Schnapps.
- Slowly pour the creamy Schnapps mixture over a bar spoon or (the back of a regular spoon), allowing the dense mixture to rest on top of the grenadine.
- Serve it up.