When it comes to home distilling, the hobby can be really fun, but you also need to make sure that you’re taking the proper precautions so that you have a tasty and safe product. With any given still setup, there are inherent dangers involved; there’s a heating...
Bringing a taste of the countryside to the metropolitan area, moonshine style!
Whether you live in the city or between corn fields, this moonshine recipe is calling your name. You’ll love the taste of moonshine and sweet cranberries so much you’ll need another glass! This Countrypolitan Moonshine Cocktail is calling your name!
What you’ll need:
- 750 ml of moonshine
- 1 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of lemonade concentrate
- ½ cup of Grand Marnier
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Lemon peel
- Pour the moonshine over the cranberries and let steep for 24 hours
- Strain and discard the cranberries
- Combine 2 cups of the moonshine mixture, the cranberry juice, lemonade concentrate, Grand Marnier and lemon juice in a shaker. Shake well
- Pour over ice, garnish with the lemon peel and enjoy!
If you are curious about moonshine and how to make it, you might be wondering if moonshine can go bad over time. The true answer to that question really depends on the type of moonshine you have, your distilling setup, your ability to safely store your batch, and how...
We’ve all seen the cartoon of the old man hiding a jug of hooch underneath his beard. Those jugs are always labelled “XXX,” giving the impression that it’s a dangerous mixture to consume. If you have ever considered drinking or making moonshine in your own home...