While it may have a dubious history, moonshining, or “shinin’” has developed into something of an art form. At its essence, moonshine is just unaged and or flavored alcohol fermented from a wide variety of sources. Moonshine is traditionally fermented from corn, but...
Bringing a taste of the countryside to the metropolitan area, moonshine style!
Whether you live in the city or between corn fields, this moonshine recipe is calling your name. You’ll love the taste of moonshine and sweet cranberries so much you’ll need another glass! This Countrypolitan Moonshine Cocktail is calling your name!
What you’ll need:
- 750 ml of moonshine
- 1 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of lemonade concentrate
- ½ cup of Grand Marnier
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Lemon peel
- Pour the moonshine over the cranberries and let steep for 24 hours
- Strain and discard the cranberries
- Combine 2 cups of the moonshine mixture, the cranberry juice, lemonade concentrate, Grand Marnier and lemon juice in a shaker. Shake well
- Pour over ice, garnish with the lemon peel and enjoy!
If you are interested in making moonshine for personal or commercial use, you are likely wondering if this prospective hobby is legal or not. Learning the laws related to moonshine and home distilleries is a wise move that can keep you out of potential trouble when...
In many ways, moonshine is similar to all other types of alcohol you can buy at any liquor store; the distillation process can only happen in so many ways so the difference really come down to the type of mash and flavoring you intend to use. However, there are a few...