It’s time to relax by the pool with this refreshing whiskey recipe!
Lemonade is a great poolside, refreshing drink, add some whiskey to it and you got yourself the perfect poolside drink! Nothing says summertime quite like blackberries, lemonade, and whiskey.
What you will need:
- 12 oz. of fresh blackberries
- ½ cup of sugar
- 7.5 oz. of whiskey
- 7.5 oz. of lemon juice
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- First, you will create a blackberry syrup. Start by adding the blackberries and sugar in a saucepan and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the blackberries have soften and a thick syrup remains.
- Strain the syrup to remove any lumps or seeds. Then let the syrup cool for 20 minutes.
- Add 6 oz. of the cooled syrup, the whiskey and the lemon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Chill it or serve over ice, then enjoy!
There is enough misinformation about the thump keg to need some explanation to help moonshiners know what their best options are as well as to clarify exactly what a thump keg is. The “Thump Keg,” or “Thumper Keg,” or “doubler” is a second chamber or distiller in the...
Aficionado or connoisseur, devotee or fan, those who understand the difference between bourbon and whiskey are already familiar with which is better for distilling. Distilling whiskey involves the use of starchy grains, which are ground into a mixture, hence the term...
If you or someone you know would like to make moonshine, it is important to understand what the state and federal laws are that help regulate the production and consumption of moonshine. Only one state allows home distilling at the state level: Missouri. You can learn...