It’s time to relax by the pool with this refreshing whiskey recipe!
Lemonade is a great poolside, refreshing drink, add some whiskey to it and you got yourself the perfect poolside drink! Nothing says summertime quite like blackberries, lemonade, and whiskey.
What you will need:
- 12 oz. of fresh blackberries
- ½ cup of sugar
- 7.5 oz. of whiskey
- 7.5 oz. of lemon juice
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- First, you will create a blackberry syrup. Start by adding the blackberries and sugar in a saucepan and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the blackberries have soften and a thick syrup remains.
- Strain the syrup to remove any lumps or seeds. Then let the syrup cool for 20 minutes.
- Add 6 oz. of the cooled syrup, the whiskey and the lemon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Chill it or serve over ice, then enjoy!
When it comes to home distilling, the hobby can be really fun, but you also need to make sure that you’re taking the proper precautions so that you have a tasty and safe product. With any given still setup, there are inherent dangers involved; there’s a heating...
If you are curious about moonshine and how to make it, you might be wondering if moonshine can go bad over time. The true answer to that question really depends on the type of moonshine you have, your distilling setup, your ability to safely store your batch, and how...
We’ve all seen the cartoon of the old man hiding a jug of hooch underneath his beard. Those jugs are always labelled “XXX,” giving the impression that it’s a dangerous mixture to consume. If you have ever considered drinking or making moonshine in your own home...