How’s this for a moonshine cocktail?
This moonshine recipe makes for the perfect summer mixed drink. Let me tell ya, this Honey Moonshine sure is sweet. This is a nice twist on an ice cold sweet tea. Best of all you get to add in your very own moonshine. Sit on your porch and rock with this ice cold treat.
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon’s juice.
- 2 oz of your very own Moonshine
- 1 cup tea (sweet of course)
- Lemon for garnish
- Extra Big Glass
- Mix honey, fresh lemon juice, ice, and moonshine into shaker cup.
- Add your tea
- Then Mix in your sweet tea.
- Pour this mixture into a big glass with Ice
- Kick back, take a little sip, and enjoy!
The Definitive Root Beer Moonshine Recipe
Traditional American Root Beer is a common soft drink that is made from the bark or the vine of the Sassafras tree. The drink isn’t actually a beer at all, but more like a root tea. With brewing history dating back before the arrival of Europeans in North America, the first commercially available root beer debuted in Philadelphia in the 1870s and was marketed towards miners and workers by calling it “root beer.”
Today’s root beer is much different than the old days; it’s essentially soda, sweet syrup, and some Sassafras artificial flavoring. In it’s most common form, root beer is non-alcoholic.
Growing up, we looked forward to enjoying a nice cold bottle of root beer on a hot sunny day. It’s crisp, sweet, and refreshing finish was hard to beat. Now that you’re an adult, regular old root beer might not make the cut.
One of the great things about home distilling and making your own moonshine is that you can distill any moonshine concoction you want! Here at Hillbilly Stills, we get a lot of questions about our favorite moonshine recipes so we decided it’s time to share our favorite: Root Beer Moonshine.
With this recipe for root beer moonshine, you’ll not only be able to make root beer moonshine but also use it for unique and tasty root beer moonshine cocktails, drinks, and more. This moonshine recipe lets you combine your love for root beer and moonshine in one glass. Make sure you add this recipe to your recipe book – and make note, it’s a little strong!
Recipe for Root Beer Moonshine
The recipe below is fairly easy to follow. Along with your favorite moonshine – whether it’s home distilled or from your favorite distillery – you’ll need an assortment of ingredients and supplies that you can find at pretty much any grocery store.
In order to properly make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 10 cups of water
- 2.5 cups of Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Brown sugar
- 4 cups of your very own Moonshine
- 4 tbsp of Root beer extract
- 1 tbsp of Pure vanilla extract
- 5 root beer flavored candies
- Small Mason Jars
How to Make Root Beer Moonshine
The process of making root beer moonshine is actually fairly easy. By using extracts, you get to bypass the entire yeast activation and fermentation process, similar to how you’d use a malt extract in the beer brewing process. This process is fairly easy to follow – just be sure to keep your pan at a good temp. You don’t want to burn your extract, or the whole batch will be ruined.
- In a large pan, bring your water to a boil and slowly stir in both sugars.
- Remove from stove and let cool.
- Next, add moonshine and both extracts to your mixture.
- Pour into mason jars.
- Break candies into smaller pieces, evenly distributing them to each jar.
- Crack open a glass and enjoy!!
If you have any questions about our Root Beer Moonshine Recipe or want to learn more about the home distilling process, get in touch with us today!
Here’s a moonshine recipe for a sweet Georgia Peach!
There’s nothing better than using your own moonshine to make your favorite concoction. For those of you peach lovers out there, here’s a recipe for peach moonshine. This drink is great to enjoy in the shade on a warm summer afternoon!
What You Need
- 64 oz of Welch’s White Grape Peach Juice
- 3 cans of sliced peaches
- 2.5 cups granulated sugar
- 7 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups of your very own moonshine.
- 4 cups of peach schnapps
- Fresh peaches to garnish
- 1-quart mason jars
- In a large pot add juice, 3 cans of peaches, granulated sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let mixture set out and cool to room temperature
- Once it has cooled, slowly stir in the peach schnapps and your moonshine.
- Once you have stirred well, pour the mixture into your mason jars.
- Store them in a cool dark place for at least 2 weeks. The flavor will get stronger with time.
- Crack a jar open, garnish with a fresh peach, and enjoy!
Here’s another great moonshine recipe!
Margarita and Moonshine, two great past times. Recipes taste better when you use your own shine’. We look things with a fun twist. Here’s how to make a margarita using your very own moonshine. By the beach, or by the pool, this is sure to be a hit at your summer party.
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 8 cups of Water
- 2 cups of your very own moonshine
- 2 cups freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 cup of Margarita Mix of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- lemon and lime to garnish
- Quart sized mason jars
- Pour 4 cups of water into a large saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil and slowly the in the sugar, stirring until it’s completely dissolved.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat let it cool to room temperature.
- Juice your lemons and limes. You will want to make sure to remove all seeds from the juice.
- Add the other 4 cups of water to the mixture. Make sure it is all the way cool.
- Now start to stir in your water, moonshine, lemon and lime juice, margarita mix, and sea salt into a pitcher.
- Pour the mixture into the quart-sized jars and seal.
- Let this mixture set for 5 days.
- Crack open a jar add a little lemon, lime, and salt.
- Enjoy! Cheers!
Check out the cool stuff from our gift shop!