Bringing a taste of the countryside to the metropolitan area, moonshine style!
Whether you live in the city or between corn fields, this moonshine recipe is calling your name. You’ll love the taste of moonshine and sweet cranberries so much you’ll need another glass! This Countrypolitan Moonshine Cocktail is calling your name!
What you’ll need:
- 750 ml of moonshine
- 1 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of lemonade concentrate
- ½ cup of Grand Marnier
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Lemon peel
- Pour the moonshine over the cranberries and let steep for 24 hours
- Strain and discard the cranberries
- Combine 2 cups of the moonshine mixture, the cranberry juice, lemonade concentrate, Grand Marnier and lemon juice in a shaker. Shake well
- Pour over ice, garnish with the lemon peel and enjoy!
There is enough misinformation about the thump keg to need some explanation to help moonshiners know what their best options are as well as to clarify exactly what a thump keg is. The “Thump Keg,” or “Thumper Keg,” or “doubler” is a second chamber or distiller in the...
Aficionado or connoisseur, devotee or fan, those who understand the difference between bourbon and whiskey are already familiar with which is better for distilling. Distilling whiskey involves the use of starchy grains, which are ground into a mixture, hence the term...
If you or someone you know would like to make moonshine, it is important to understand what the state and federal laws are that help regulate the production and consumption of moonshine. Only one state allows home distilling at the state level: Missouri. You can learn...